Anti waste recipe : whipped ricotta toast
In the United States, Elior chefs are mobilizing to create anti-waste recipes. Discover the recipe of Chef Dennis Rivera from Cura Hospitality.
- 3 sprigs asparagus
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot honey
- ¾ cup garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 red radish, whole
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 slices baguette
Dennis found a great way to utilize often-trashed ends of asparagus and incorporate into a trendy, summer seasonal recipe!
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Drain garbanzo beans and give a quick rinse with cold water. Then transfer to a baking sheet pan, coat with extra virgin olive oil and roast them for 7 -10 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted garbanzo beans on paper towel to get rid of any excess oil. sprinkle some salt on them.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment, whipped the ricotta cheese for 3-5 minutes until a smooth spread consistency.
- Add the hot honey & salt into the ricotta mixture, mix until all is incorporated. transfer to a bowl, cover and place in fridge for 30 mins to an hour
- Have a small bowl of ice bath and set aside.
- With the asparagus, using a peeler, peel the skin off the ends or the whole piece. Transfer the skins into the ice bath. By doing that, it'll give them an extra little crunch.
- Slice the bread to whichever thickness you'd like. Drizzle some EVO on the bread, Grill the slices on each side for 30 seconds to a minute. Sprinkle some salt on top.
- Spread the ricotta mixture onto the bread, then add the garbanzo beans, asparagus skins, lemon zest & garnish with some sliced red radish.