Discover this delicious, comforting dessert; a guaranteed winner for winter evenings.
- 125g of butter
- 187g of oil
- 300g of sugar
- 200g of eggs (3/4 eggs depending on size)
- 62g of semi-skimmed milk
- 312g of flour
- 12.5g of baking powder
- 187g of grated carrots
- 18g of 4 spices
- 200g of cream cheese
- 125g of whole liquid cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once it is melted, add the oil. In a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together until the mixture turns white. Add the milk and whisk again.
- Stir the flour, baking powder and melted butter in with the oil. Whisk again at medium speed.
- Add the 4 spice mixture and most of the grated carrots (keeping a little to the side for the finishing touch) Whisk again.
- Grease a cake tin. Pour the uncooked cake mixture into it and bake for about 50 min at 170 ° C. Remove from oven and let the cake cool.
- For the icing, whip the liquid cream with the cream cheese in a mixer until you obtain a firm and thick cream. Spread an irregular layer on the cold cake then sprinkle the left-over grated raw carrot on top. Store in fridge until ready to serve.