Chicken biryani is a very colorful, savory Indian dish. Here’s a recipe you can try out at home that was developed by Ansamble chefs in company restaurants. Bon appetit!
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 150g of small spelt berries
- 150g of Le Puy green lentils
- 100g of onions
- 200g of carrots
- 10g of garlic
- Curry, cumin, cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 6g of candied lemon
- Olive oil
- 40g of concentrated tomatoes
Marinated chicken fillet
- 400g of chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- 10g of ginger
- 4 limes
- Turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, salt, tabasco
- The spelt berries. In a saucepan, add the spelt berries to 600g of water (4x volume); cover and cook over low heat for 1hr.30. Remove from heat and salt. The berries should be tender
- The lentils: brown the onions, carrots and spices in olive oil, then the garlic. Add the lentils to the mixture and 300g of water (2x volume). Cover and cook over low heat. Remove from heat and salt. The lentils should be tender.
- Add the spelt berries and simmer slowly so that the spices are well absorbed
Marinated chicken (prepare the day before):
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the lime juice and zest.
- Grate the ginger, add the spices and olive oil
- Leave to marinate for a good hour. Cover and bake in the oven at 80 ° for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices
- Mix the marinade obtained from the cooking process in a blender
- Pour over the sliced chicken placed on a baking sheet and marinate overnight in the fridge.