Dos de cabillaud (Cod loin) in flavored oil
Every day in the central kitchen, the chefs cook balanced meals for school canteens. Try out this recipe developed by Elior chefs especially for children.
Ingredients for 6 persons
- 6 cod loin filets
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- 1 pinch of curry powder
- 1 pinch of ground paprika
- 3 pinches of Guerande salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (3 turns of pepper mill)
- Whisk together olive oil and all the spices
- Gradually add the other elements then put to the side
- Preheat oven to 100 ° C - thermostat 4/5
- Place the cod loin filets in a baking dish and baste with the flavored oil mixture
- Place baking dish in the oven and cook for about 35 minutes
- To verify if fish is cooked through properly, stick a knife blade in the center of the fish; when the blade is hot to taste the fish is cooked. If using a temperature probe, the core temperature should be 63 ° C.
- Drain off the cooking broth and put to the side
- Arrange the code loin filets on a serving plate then baste with the broth
Tips from the chef:
Serve with steamed potatoes and carrots.
This recipe may also be made with hake, hake fillets, or salmon steaks
If using frozen fish, increase cooking time by about 5 min.