Pumpkin and carrot-cream tarte tatin
Here’s an original and tasty recipe to try out at home featuring pumpkin.
- 700g of pumpkin
- 1 pkt of puff pastry
- 100g of sugar
- 150g of carrots
- 75ml of whole liquid cream
- 5g of chives
- 150g of poultry stock
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the pumpkin by removing the skin and seeds, then cut into 2cm thick pieces.
- Make a caramel with the sugar, 75mL of water and a pinch of salt. Divide the caramel mixture into 6 molds, 10cm in diameter. Arrange the pumpkin pieces in the molds on top of the caramel and bake at 160 ° C for 30min.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out puff pastry circles, 12 cm in diameter. Halfway through the cooking process, place the half-cooked pastry circles on top of the pumpkin and finish cooking. Take out of the oven, remove from the mold and let cool.
- Cook the sliced carrots in the chicken broth. Add salt and pepper, bring to the boil and cook over low heat. Once cooked, strain the carrots, then add the cream (whipped previously with a mixer).
- Arrange the warm tatin tarts on the plate with a carrot-cream quenelle. Garnish cream with a few sprigs of chives and serve.