Tarte tatin served with fresh cream quenelle
Here’s a traditional recipe made with caramelized apples for you to try out at home.
- 1.5 kg of golden delicious apples
- 1 puff pastry disc
- 500g of butter
- 300g of thick cream 30%
- 200g of caster sugar
- 120g of salted butter
- In a saucepan, make a caramel with the sugar. Don't allow it to color it too much.
- Add the butter. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a circular pan/pie dish.
- Wash and peel the apples.
- Cut them into quarters.
- Arrange the apple quarters in a rosette on top of the caramel.
- Bake at 220°C for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with the puff pastry.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool and unmold while still warm.
- Serve the tatin with a small pot of thick cream