Tigre qui pleure
Try this recipe at home, specially created by Elior chefs for B&I employees.
Ingredients for 10 persons
- 1.5 kg of whole beef tenderloin
- 50cl of water
- 100g of chopped shallots
- 80g of oyster sauce
- 60g of soy sauce
- 50g of lemongrass stems
- 50g of chives/Chinese chives
- 50g of mini green chilli peppers
- 40g of fresh ginger
- 40g of nuoc nam sauce
- 20g of rice vinegar
- 10g of white garlic
- 10g of limes
- 10g of coriander
- A few mint leaves
- Wash the vegetables.
- Degrease the meat slightly and cut it in half lengthwise. Set to the side.
- Chop the coriander, mint, lemongrass, shallots and chives. Grate the ginger and garlic and chop the chilli peppers. Zest and squeeze the lime juice.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the liquids (except the water), with the ginger, garlic and chilli peppers and half of the chopped herbs.
- Baste the meat. Wrap in film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Filter the marinade and put the ingredients to the side for the rest of the recipe.
- Add the water to the marinade, then heat to 65°C (first simmer). Leave to cool. After cooling replace the filtered ingredients and add the rest of the chopped herbs.
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of oil then brown the meat for 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and place in an oven dish.
- Roast at 170°C.
- Cut the meat into thin slices. Arrange the meat and baste well with the sauce. Serve with Thai or basmati rice