Too Good To Go recipe: tabbouleh revisited with quinoa, cucumber and strawberries
Discover a new recipe concocted by Too Good To Go and Free the Pickle: 100% zero-waste, 200% pleasure. A surprising blend of seasonal fruits and vegetables to delight you and titillate your taste buds!
Ingredients for 6 persons
- 250g of quinoa
- 1 cucumber
- 250g of strawberries
- ½ bunch of radishes (125g)
- 1 fresh onion
- 1 handful of crushed pistachios
- ½ bunch of mint
- Juice of 3 limes
- 6 tbsps. of olive oil
- Rinse the quinoa to remove the saponin (the substance that coats the quinoa grains).
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water for about 15 minutes. After 10 mins check to avoid overcooking. The Quinoa is cooked when fully translucent. Once cooked, drain the quinoa and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Put to the side.
- While the quinoa is cooking, wash and prepare all the fruit and vegetables. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into tagliatelle-shaped strips. Cut the radishes into thin strips (or use a mandolin), slice the fresh onion and cut the strawberries into quarters. Keep the strawberry stems for the vinaigrette.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and drained, mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and add the crushed pistachios.
- For the vinaigrette, chop the small bunch of mint and strawberry stems. Put in a bowl, add the lime juice and olive oil, salt to taste and mix well. Add the vinaigrette to the salad just before serving!
- Good to know: the salad can be eaten the same day or kept in the fridge without the vinaigrette for up to 24 hours.