Vegetarian recipe: leek and roasted pepper cake
Try out this vegetarian recipe developed by Serunion’s teams. Elior’s Spanish subsidiary is committed to offering balanced recipes adapted to the tastes of vegetarians and vegans, as well as the growing number of flexitarians.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 12 eggs
- 3 leeks
- 200g of flour
- 1 red pepper
- 100 ml of milk or vegetable milk
- Olive oil
- Wrap the pepper in aluminum foil and blanch in the oven at 200 ºC for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool. Do not remove aluminum wrapping.
- Chop the leeks and brown in a pan with a dash of oil and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat when golden brown and leave to cool.
- Mix the eggs, milk and flour in a bowl. Add the crushed leeks and season to taste.
- Lightly oil a cake mold, then coat with a sprinkling of flour and add the mixture. Bake the cake in a double boiler for 45 minutes. Leave to cool before unmolding it.
- Serve the cake topped with a few pieces of roasted peppers. Bon appetit!